AQR Capital Management and Copenhagen Business School are pleased to announce the winners of the 2019 AQR Top Finance Graduate Award at Copenhagen Business School.
The award, which is now in its seventh year, recognizes Ph.D. graduates specializing in financial economics whose dissertations and broader research carry the greatest potential impact in both practice and academia. This year, there are 6 recipients of the AQR Top Graduate Award who will present their winning research in June. They are:
- Gregory Buchak, University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- Claudia Robles Garcia, London School of Economics
- Lorena Keller, Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management
- Olivier Wang, MIT Economics
- Chenzi Xu, Harvard University
- Anthony Lee Zhang, Stanford Graduate School of Business
David Kabiller, CFA, Co-founder at AQR Capital Management, the sponsor of the award, commented: “We are pleased to honor the outstanding contributions of this new generation of Ph.D. students, whose intellectual rigor and commitment to excellence are emblematic of this award. Congratulations to this year’s winners on this terrific accomplishment and milestone in their careers.”
Lasse H. Pedersen, an AQR Principal and professor at the Copenhagen Business School, added, “Since its inception, the AQR Top Finance Graduate Award has counted many talented Ph.D. students among its winners, and we certainly continued that proud tradition this year in honoring the work of these individuals. We look forward to the new insights and innovative research that each of them will bring to the world of finance.”
Winners are chosen by a committee that conducts an independent search of business schools and economic departments across the globe to seek out top candidates for the award. The committee is comprised of renowned academics including:
- Nicholas Barberis , Yale University School of Management
- Patrick Bolton , Columbia University Graduate School of Business
- Darrell Duffie , Stanford University Graduate School of Business
- Ralph Koijen , University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- Toby Moskowitz , Principal, AQR Capital Management and Yale University School of Management
- Lasse H. Pedersen (Chairperson), Principal, AQR Capital Management and Copenhagen Business School
- Michael R. Roberts , University of Pennsylvania, The Wharton School
- David S. Scharfstein , Harvard Business School
- Annette Vissing-Jørgensen , University of California, Berkeley
The event is hosted by Copenhagen Business School and will take place on June 17, 2019 at The Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters in Central Copenhagen.
Learn more about the award here.
This document has been provided to you solely for information purposes and does not constitute an offer or solicitation of an offer or any advice or recommendation to purchase any securities or other financial instruments and may not be construed as such. AQR and Copenhagen Business School are not affiliated.