AQR Capital Management and Copenhagen Business School are pleased to announce the winners of the 2020 AQR Top Finance Graduate Award at Copenhagen Business School.
The award recognizes Ph.D. graduates specializing in financial economics whose dissertations and broader research carry the greatest potential impact in both practice and academia. Now in its eighth year, the AQR Top Finance Graduate Award will be given to six students this year. They are:
• Samuel Antill, Ph.D. from Stanford Graduate School of Business
• Nuno Clara, Ph.D. from London Business School
• Christopher Clayton, Ph.D. from Harvard University
• Rebecca De Simone, Ph.D. from Columbia Business School
• Huan Tang, Ph.D. from HEC Paris
• Quentin Vandeweyer, Ph.D. from Sciences Po Paris
David Kabiller, CFA, Co-founder at AQR Capital Management, the sponsor of the award, said, “Each year, we are proud to recognize the next generation of talented Ph.D. students through the prestigious AQR Top Finance Graduate Award. We congratulate this year’s winners and look forward to the many contributions they will make to the world of finance throughout their careers.”
Lasse H. Pedersen, an AQR Principal and professor at the Copenhagen Business School, added, “This award gives us the opportunity every year to recognize the best and brightest Ph.D. students in leading finance programs around the world. Each of these six rising scholars has demonstrated academic excellence, intellectual rigor, and the potential to make an impact in both academia and the finance industry.”
Winners are chosen by a committee that conducts an independent search of business schools and economic departments across the globe to seek out top candidates for the award. The committee is comprised of renowned academics, including:
• Darrell Duffie, Stanford University Graduate School of Business
• Ralph S.J. Koijen, University of Chicago Booth School of Business
• Tobias J. Moskowitz, Principal, AQR Capital Management and Yale University School of Management
• Anna Pavlova, London Business School
• Lasse H. Pedersen (Chairperson), Principal, AQR Capital Management and Copenhagen Business School
• Michael R. Roberts, The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
• David S. Scharfstein, Harvard Business School
• Annette Vissing-Jørgensen, The Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley
The event is hosted by Copenhagen Business School and will take place on September 21, 2020.
Learn more about the award here.
AQR is a global investment management firm dedicated to delivering results for our clients. At the nexus of economics, behavioral finance, data and technology, AQR’s evolution over two decades has been a continuous exploration of what drives markets and how it can be applied to client portfolios. The firm is headquartered in Greenwich, Connecticut, with offices in Bangalore, Boston, Chicago, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles and Sydney.
This document has been provided to you solely for information purposes and does not constitute an offer or solicitation of an offer or any advice or recommendation to purchase any securities or other financial instruments and may not be construed as such.